This past week GQ named its’ annual City of the Year, and this year the winner is……….CHICAGO! being my hometown, I feel honored to accept this award on behalf of the city, ok Im just joking. This is truly an honor and its great that the world is finally seeing what the great city of Chicago has to offer. Chicago was picked for a variety of reasons, I’ll name a few:
- Home to the President of the United States, Barack Obama
- Originator of the political machine Mayor Daley and Family
- Various political strategists and fundraisers
- The Dark Knight– One of the highest grossing films of all time, arguably the best Batman flick of all time, and Chicago served as the most convincing portrayal of Comics terrorized city’s Gotham.
- Chicago itself is becoming a mecca for the production of films due to its versatile terrain.
- The Spire: Soon to be the worlds largest building in the world topping off at 150 stories
- Can’t forget Classics like the Sears Tower and John Hancock Building
Another reason why I feel Chicago is the greatest city is the Music. Home of the blues, bands like Fallout Boy, as well as artists like Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Common, and Twista. Chicago truly is the greatest city of the world.